How to update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to V3 ROM:
I've just updated my canvas 2 to Jelly Bean official update from Micromax.
Before you proceed I would like to make sure that this site is nowhere guaranteed for your successful upgrade and we are nowhere responsible for any claims. This is just a tried and tested genuine way to upgrade to Jellybean only for Micromax Canvas 2 A110 users.
Software release notes (from Micromax ftp site):
1. Operating system is upgraded from ICS to Jelly bean.
2. M! Store is removed.
3. New wallpapers are integrated.
4. Software is backward compatible with old TP available (BYD Make).
Here is what you can do by yourself and it is simple too.
First of all take a complete backup of your data, you can use the following tools from the play.google.com
1. App Backup & Restore: to backup all your apps as apk files which will store them on mnt\sdcard2\ app_backup_restore
2. G Cloud Backup from GENIE9: It creates a cloud data in their server and stores all your data like SMS, Contacts, Settings etc in to their cloud space and whenever you want to restore you can do it from the cloud server with your registered user and password
3. SMS Backup & Restore: just for 2nd level safety you can store all your SMS on your external SD card as an XML file and can restore whenever you want.
4. Last but not least is one more level of safety you can take backup of your contacts easily by the android inbuilt feature of Export\Import inside the contacts app itself which stores the backup either in External SD card or your Gmail account.
Now is the actual task, download the following from the below sites:
1. Micromax A110 Windows driver:
File: Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86.rar from [ftp://sts.micromaxinfo.com:22/mxlive/A110/Drivers/]
Size: 3 MB
2. SP Flash Tools:
File: SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01.zip from
Size: 5 MB
3. V3_120313_Update to Jelly Bean
File: S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10.rar from
Size: 282 MB
1. Username is mxlive and Password is M!cr0m@xlive
2. For windows 7 users on 64 bit if you find error while installing the driver due to lack of digital certificates then download one from the below link
File: MT6577 USB VCOM drivers.7z from
Detailed steps for upgrade:
1. Install the drivers first and then on successful driver installation open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01\Flash_tool.exe
2. Switch off your phone, remove the External SD card for safety
3. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Again go to Options > DA Download All > Speed > Force to high speed.
4. Now on the opened SP Flash tool window, click the Download button. Ignore the warning messages and click on ‘Yes’
5. Then after you press download connect the phone to the PC via USB
6. Assuming that the drivers have installed properly the upgrade process will start. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the Flash Tool
(Do not unplug / disconnect / abort the process unless you see the OK message)
7. After the process completes, a Green Ring will appear on your device signaling that the process was successfully completed
8. Then close the flash tool and disconnect the USB and start the phone
9. It may take a little longer to start for the first time and you will see the superfone logo for a little longer time, it’s normal.
10. It asks for all the configurations again. Just give them and enjoy the cool new features and smooth UI of JB. Don’t forget to restore all your data back.
One greater thing after update is the internal storage memory has been increased to 1.5 GB and the internal SD got reduced to 1 GB.
I’ll put below the screen shots of the new Jelly Bean OS.